Many friends like sterling silver jewelry, but they don't know how to clean and maintain it. The following is a brief introduction to the cleaning and maintenance of sterling silver jewelry.
How to clean silver jewelry with dish soap and water
When a material made of pure silver is exposed to air, it will oxidize or lose its luster, causing discoloration and dullness. The key to cleaning silver without damaging it is to avoid wear and tear. Do not use irritating grinding products such as chlorine bleach to clean silver, or use rubber bands and newspapers to store silver.
If you are dealing with items that are not severely tarnished, but only appear dull and dull, please consider using this soap and hot water method to replace the rough polishing agent.
1. Add a few drops of liquid detergent to warm water. Mix until bubbles form. Soak the jewelry in a solution for 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Use a soft bristle brush such as a toothbrush to clean the gaps. Rinse jewelry with warm water.
3. To dry, gently wipe the jewelry with a silver cloth or microfiber towel. Avoid using paper towels as they can scratch silverware.
4. Polish with a soft cloth specifically designed for silverware.
Clean silver with baking soda
Cleaning silver jewelry tips! Silver+baking soda (salt)+tin foil+water.
You need to prepare a piece of aluminum foil, spread it in a bowl, then pour some baking soda powder into it, add water to melt them, and finally put our blackened silverware in it to rub, it will not be clean once If so, we can add some more baking soda to the water, and finally rinse and dry with a soft cloth or microfiber towel.
Clean silver jewelry with laundry detergent
After adding an appropriate amount of alkaline washing powder into a container, add an appropriate amount of water, wait for the washing powder to completely melt, then put the silverware into the container to soak, and take it out after about half an hour. Rinse and dry with a soft cloth or microfiber towel.
Clean the silver ware with toothpaste
1. Squeeze an appropriate amount of toothpaste onto the silver jewelry to be cleaned
2. Rub the silver jewelry with dry hands for about 1 minute.
3. Apply a little toothpaste on the microfiber cloth. Wipe the silver until the stains are removed.
4. Rinse with warm water and wipe dry with a clean cloth.